Posted: Oct 26, 2012 5:23 AM
Updated: Oct 26, 2012 7:26 AM
A fire at a Paris apartment complex displaced 20 people early Friday morning.
Firefighters say food left on a stove went up in flames when a resident fell asleep inside an apartment on Bank Row Street. Crews quickly responded and put out the fire. Firefighters had to assist some residents out of the building, but everybody made it out safely.
Flames damaged one unit, but several adjacent apartment sustained smoke and water damage from the sprinkler system.
Firefighters had to cut power to the building, forcing 20 residents to find another place to stay. The Red Cross is helping those who did not have other places to go.