Updated 1 month ago
The Salvation Army in Lexington has begun accepting applications for their annual Angel Tree program, which provides assistance to those in need over the holidays.
Applications are being taken at The Salvation Army on W. Main Street in Lexington. The hours are as follows:
Tues and Wed Oct. 15 & 16 9am to 2:30pm, Tues and Wed Oct. 29 & 30 9am to 2:30pm, and Thursday Nov. 6 9am to 2:30pm.
Applicants must brign the following information:
All documentation must be in the name of applicant
1.A picture I.D. Please do NOT bring social security cards.
2. Birth certificates or immunization records (required) of children in the household in your legal custody (official documentation required if applicant is not parent)
3. Proof of monthly income and source of income from a ll household members. (Paycheck stubs, a letter of verification from K-Tap, Social
Security, S.S.I. or proof of child support are acceptable.)
4. Proof of rent and utilities. (Copies of bills, cancelled checks or payment receipts.) Must have one in the name of applicant with Fayette County current address.
5. Sizes of children's clothing and shoes and choices for toys for ages 0-12.
• Applicants must have ALL information in order for the application to be taken.
• No applications over the phone or use information from a previous year.
• In order for an applicant to be eligible for Salvat ion Army Angel Tree assistance, he/she must NOT have applied for Christmas assistance