Posted: Feb 10, 2013 1:33 PM
Updated: Feb 10, 2013 9:20 PM
A Bourbon County couple's home was destroyed by fire this morning.
Two pets were also killed in the blaze.
The fire happened on Harmon Drive in Paris at around 2:30 Sunday morning.
The homeowner tells LEX18 that the fire appeared to start in the front bedroom.
The homeowner's attempt to put the fire out failed, as a neighbor called the fire department.
The home is a total loss.
Neighbors credit the fire department's quick response time for preventing the fire from spreading to the adjacent homes.
A leftover cigarette is currently the suspected cause of the fire, says the Bourbon County Fire Marshal and lead investigator.
We'll have more on this fire Sunday at 6 on LEX18.