Aug 18, 2014 5:29 AM
A Montgomery County family was able to make it out of their burning home safely early Monday morning.
Firefighters responded to the home on KY-599 just after midnight. Brandon Bellamy says he heard a loud bang and got up to see what it was.
"I opened the garage door. When I turned on the light, there was no light. So when I opened the door, it was smoke and fire everywhere," he said.
Firefighters say the blaze started in the garage, and they were able to contain most of the damage to that area. Firefighters did not say what exactly sparked the fire.
37 minutes ago