Posted: Mar 8, 2013 5:45 AM
Updated: Mar 8, 2013 7:46 AM
Fire badly damaged one unit of an apartment house in Winchester Thursday night.
Firefighters say the fire likely started in the kitchen of one unit in a fourplex on East Washington Street around 8 p.m. When crews arrived, flames were shooting out of the back of the building and heavy smoke was pouring from the front. Everybody got out safely, and nobody was injured.
The man who lives in the damaged unit will reportedly stay with relatives for the time being.