Fire

Oct 6, 2012 6:39 PM by Josh Breslow

Fire Damages Woodford County Home

Investigators say grease left on a stove started a fire that tore through the home of a Woodford County family of six.

The fire broke out Saturday around 2:30 p.m. on Beacon Hill in Versailles.

"I'm very grateful that there was no one hurt or killed," said Jeremiah Young, who lives in the home. "I tried throwing flour on it to contain it and that wasn't working, so I called 911 and evacuated the house."

Firefighters told LEX 18, when they arrived, they were met with heavy smoke in the front of the home and flames around back, coming from the kitchen area.

"Main thing was getting my granddaughter out and getting everyone out of the house. Material things can be replaced," Young said.

The kitchen was destroyed and other rooms suffered smoke damage. As a result of the damage, the family will be forced to stay elsewhere Saturday night.

»Comments

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4