Posted: Sep 3, 2012 6:55 AM
Updated: Sep 3, 2012 7:34 AM
Fire destroyed a Stanford home Sunday night.
Officials say the fire started inside a duplex on Lancaster Street around 8 p.m. It took firefighters nearly three hours to put the blaze out.
There were no injuries.
Bill Carter lived on one side of the duplex with his 16-year-old son. He said he cooked in the kitchen where the fire stated earlier in the evening, but he was certain he turned everything off. He was visiting a sick friend when he got a call about the fire.
"I felt sick. That's everything I own in there. Ten years of hard labor trying to raise a son myself. And that's gone," he said.
The other side of the duplex was vacant.