Fire

Jul 11, 2012 1:39 PM

Fire Destroys Clark County Mobile Home

A pregnant mother and her three children escaped safely after their Clark County mobile home caught fire.

The fire broke out just after noon in the home, located on North Main Street in Winchester. The Winchester Fire Department was called to the home, where they found the fire fully involved. A second alarm was called because of the proximity of the fire to nearby residences and the fire was contained to the one home.

Fire Marshal Robert Carmichael says the fire was started by a juvenile using a candle lighter in the rear of the home.

Ashley Hufnagel says that she was attending to her one-year-old child who is ill when the fire broke out. She tried to extinguish the fire herself, but the flames moved too fast. She has lost everything she owns, but said she is thankful that her family is alive and unhurt.

Hufnagel was later taken to the hospital to be checked out because she is pregnant.

»Comments

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4