Apr 4, 2013 5:00 AM
A family returned from a funeral to find their historic Jessamine County home on fire Wednesday night.
The house along Chrisman Mill Road was more than 200 years old. At one point, flames engulfed the house, A family friend and her son were in the house at the time of the fire. Both made it out safely with the family's pets, and nobody suffered any injuries. The main section of the house was destroyed. Two additions sustained smoke and water damage.
Despite the loss, Jaius Miracle said she was staying positive.
"It was shocking, but I feel very blessed that my dogs were out safely and no one was injured," she said "I just have a lot of faith in God. There's a lot to be thankful for."
Firefighters say the fire was likely accidental.
4 minutes ago