Posted: Dec 24, 2012 12:10 PM
Updated: Dec 24, 2012 4:05 PM
Fire destroyed a Laurel County home early Monday morning.
On man lived in the home along Morentown Road and a friend was staying over. Firefighters say the home first caught fire around 3 a.m. Firefighters put out the blaze and saved the home, but it caught fire again a couple of hours later. The second blaze destroyed the home.
The two men got out safely the first time. They had gone someplace else for the night when the second fire broke out.
Officials say a dryer apparently started the initial blaze.