Posted: Dec 27, 2012 5:20 AM
Updated: Dec 27, 2012 7:17 AM
A Bourbon County firefighter lost almost everything in a house fire early Thursday morning.
Smoke detectors woke up Ben Royce around 1:30 a.m. He was able to get his wife and infant son out of the Bedford Pike home safely. Flames shot from the attic. Royce described it as "looking into the face of the devil."
Firefighters say it appears a wood burning stove sparked the blaze.
The family managed to salvage a few items, but the home sustained extensive fire and water damage.
Royce says he and his family will stay with relatives for the time being.