Fire

Nov 8, 2012 4:54 AM

Firefighters Save Historic Stamping Ground Home

Firefighters managed to save a historic home in Scott County after a wood burning stove sparked a fire early Thursday morning.

The fire broke out around 1 a.m. on the second floor of a house along Locust Fork Road in Stamping Ground. Investigators say the stove ignited something in or around the chimney, and flames spread into the walls. A resident called 911, and firefighters from a nearby station quickly responded. Crews put out the blaze before it spread throughout the home.

There were no injuries. Firefighters say there was some damage on the second floor, but they have not determined the extent.

The house dates back to the 1800s. According to a nearby historical marker, the home once hosted the wedding of outlaw Jesse James' parents.

  • Story Photo
  • Story Thumbnail

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4