Fire

Jul 18, 2012 4:58 AM

Franklin County Home Burns

Fire destroyed a Franklin County home early Wednesday morning, but the man living there made it safely out thanks to a warning from his dogs.

The fire broke out around 2 a.m. inside a home along Harvieland Road, north of Frankfort. Archie Harrod says panicked barking from his three dogs woke him up. He managed to get out of the house, along with the dogs, as the flames grew.

The fire also threatened a neighboring home as it burned through dry grass toward a propane tank. The neighbors kept the flames at bay with a garden hose until firefighters arrived.

Harrod's house sustained heavy damage and was left unlivable.

He says he thinks a burning candle might have sparked the blaze.

  • Story Photo
  • Story Photo
  • Story Photo
  • Story Thumbnail
  • Story Thumbnail
  • Story Thumbnail

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4