Daily Newsletter

Oct 17, 2012 10:23 PM

Franklin County Man Dies From CO Poisoning

A Franklin County man has died from carbon monoxide poisoning. LEX 18 talked with his parents about what happened.

Kenneth Witten Junior's parents say they were last with their son around 10 Monday night. When they didn't see him all day Tuesday, they say they thought nothing of it, they thought that he was spending the day alone. But later that night, Witten's dad found the 41 year-old, unresponsive.

Witten lived in an out house behind his parents on Flat Creek Road. The Franklin County sheriff says when deputies found Witten, his propane heater was on, but wasn't working properly, and carbon monoxide had filled the room.

The sheriff says he hopes this story is a reminder and a warning to folks as the cold weather approaches: make sure your portable heaters are working properly, and make sure you have working carbon monoxide detectors.

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4