Posted: Jun 7, 2012 3:59 PM
Updated: Jun 7, 2012 4:01 PM
A fund has been set up for a family of 12 who were left homeless after a fire destroyed their Garrard County home Wednesday night.
An emotional mother arrived on scene moments after the fire trucks did. She says she's lost everything.
In front of 151 Lakeview Drive in Lancaster, everything appears to be fine. But in the back, evidence of a possible dryer fire that's ruined the lives of 12 people.
"What didn't burn was so badly smoke damaged that we've lost everything," says Marsha Juarez.
She appeared to struggle to stay strong for her kids. Nine of them live in the home with her and her husband, and her husband's friend.
"It's my babies, I don't know what to do," Juarez says, crying. "The twins, they have cystic fibrosis, their machines are in there, everything is in there and it's gone."
The Red Cross will put up the family tonight in a nearby motel. Juarez says she can stay there for a few days.
"After that, I don't know what I'm going to do, because I can't find nothin' for nine kids," she says.
No one was home when the fire started. Juarez is thankful for that. But it's tough for this mom to count her blessings.
"I'm just in so much shock right now, I don't know where am I going to get clothes? Where am I going to get everything?"
A fund has been set up to help the Juarez family at PNC Bank. You can donate at any branch to the "Juarez Fire Relief Fund."