Jan 29, 2013 5:42 AM
NEWPORT (AP) - A northern Kentucky fire official says a 33-year-old man who was injured in an explosion at his home has died.
Newport Fire Capt. Gary Auffart told The Kentucky Enquirer that Dwayne Luttrell died Monday morning at University of Cincinnati Medical Center.
Next-door neighbor Matt Bradley said Luttrell was alert and talking but was severely burned when he found him about 3 feet from the foundation of his leveled home Friday morning. Luttrell's 54-year-old mother, Ida Neal, was in fair condition at the Cincinnati hospital.
The fire department's findings were consistent with a natural gas explosion. Campbell County fire investigators ruled out foul play.
Auffart said there was no new information Monday on the investigation.
Information from: The Kentucky Enquirer, http://www.nky.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
48 minutes ago