Posted: Feb 21, 2013 8:59 AM
Updated: Feb 21, 2013 9:07 AM
Firefighters battled a house fire in Cynthiana Thursday morning.
Adam Carter says he heard a loud noise after a couple of power surges, and the next thing he knew, the house along Russ Avenue was on fire. Carter got out and called 911. The home sustained heavy damage, but nobody was injured.
Firefighters have not determined the cause of the fire, but Carter says he thinks it was electrical. He says he plugged in a space heater shortly before the power surges.