Posted: Jun 2, 2010 10:24 AM
Updated: Jun 2, 2010 10:24 AM
The Richmond Fire Department and state fire marshall's office confirmed Wednesday that a fire over the weekend that left a woman dead was caused by food cooking on a stove.
Richmond Firefighters responded at around 4:30 am Sunday to a home on Spanish Grove Road fully engulfed in flames. One resident, LaSha Noe, was pulled from the home and was later pronounced dead at the hospital around 6 a.m.
Her husband, Shawn Noe, was rescued earlier. The couple had only been married for a year and had an 18-month-old daughter. Their child was not home at the time.