Dec 7, 2013 1:13 PM
Kentucky Basketball Postgame Notes
#20 Baylor 67, #3 Kentucky 62
Dec. 6, 2013
AT&T Stadium - Arlington, Texas
Team Records, Notes
• Kentucky falls to 7-2 and 1-2 in neutral site games while Baylor improves to 8-1 on the year.
• UK now leads the series 7-2. This is Baylor's second consecutive win over the Wildcats, with the last matchup coming in Rupp Arena last year as the Bears snapped UK's 54-game home winning streak.
• Tonight's game marks the second of five matchups in the month of December for UK that features a team that is either receiving votes or ranked in the top 25 in the Associated Press poll.
• Kentucky will return home on Tuesday, Dec. 10 as undefeated Boise State travels to Lexington.
• Kentucky started with the lineup of sophomore Willie Cauley-Stein and freshmen Aaron Harrison, Andrew Harrison, Julius Randle and James Young. That lineup is 3-2 on the year.
• Dominique Hawkins was UK's first sub off the bench. It is the first this season he has checked into the game first.
• After a 5-4 Wildcat lead early in the game, Baylor gained control of the lead until 3:15 in the first half when Aaron Harrison's two free throws put UK up 33-31.
• UK has now made a 3-pointer in 869 consecutive games when James Young sunk a 3 at the 19:17 mark in the first half.
• Kentucky led 38-35 at the break. UK is 5-1 when leading at halftime.
• Andrew Harrison knocked down a 3 with 19 seconds left in the first half to give UK a 38-35 lead heading into the break.
• Six 3-pointers and 12 assists in the first half are new season bests for the Wildcats.
• Buckets by Julius Randle and Aaron Harrison early in the second half capped off a 9-2 run to put Kentucky up 42-35 with 18:46 to play in the second.
• Baylor recaptured the lead on two free throws with 6:01 left in the game, the first Baylor lead since Aaron Harrison put the Wildcats ahead 33-31 on two free throws with 3:15 remaining in the first half.
• After going up 50-41 on a Julius Randle dunk with 13:08 left in the second half, Kentucky proceeded to knock down just two field goals in the remaining 13 minutes, both field goals coming from James Young 3-pointers.
• Baylor outrebounded UK 41-25, the first game this year UK has lost the rebound battle.
• The Bears' 18 offensive rebounds ties for the most offensive rebounds surrendered by UK this year, with Robert Morris and Providence also grabbing 18 offensive rebounds vs. UK.
• The Wildcats' 12 made free throw marks a season low, with the previous low (19) coming in a win over Providence in Brooklyn, N.Y.
• With Baylor leading the Big 12 in 3-point field goal percentage, UK held the Bears to 2-11 shooting from beyond the arc, a season best for UK in opponent 3-pointers made and 3-point field goal percentage. The two 3-pointers and .182 percent from downtown are season lows for Baylor.
• Aaron Harrison scored 15 points while dishing out six assists.
o Has sunk at least one 3-pointer in eight games this season including in five-straight contests.
o Drained three 3s in the first half, a personal best
o Has now hit three or more 3s in three games this year.
o Scored 11 first-half points and has now hit double-digits after the first frame in three-straight games.
o Harrison's six assists are a career high and the third time this year that he has dished out three or more.
• Andrew Harrison
o Dished out five assists in the first half and added one in the second half to tie his career best with six.
• Julius Randle posted 16 points, eight rebounds and four assists.
o Ninth game scoring in double figures.
o Tied a season high in assists with four.
o Fifth time leading UK in scoring
• James Young had 14 points and hit a quartet of 3-pointers.
o Has knocked down multiple 3-pointers in five games this season, including three or more four times.
10 hours ago