Updated 1 year ago
A Lexington firefighter was injured during a training exercise at the training center on Old Frankfort Pike Wednesday morning.
Fire department officials say the firefighter's breathing apparatus malfunctioned, allowing smoke to enter his mask. He was able to remove himself from the exercise under his own power, and medics treated him at the scene for smoke inhalation. EMS took him to the hospital as a precaution, but officials say they expect him to be OK.
Officials did not release the injured firefighter's name.