Nov 7, 2013 5:54 AM
Lexington firefighters quickly responded to a house fire early Thursday morning.
The report of a fire inside a home along Greenwood Avenue came in around 5:15 a.m. Firefighters say unattended food on the stove caught fire and the blaze spread into the kitchen. Crews quickly knocked the flames down. Fire damage was limited to the kitchen, but the entire home sustained smoke damage.
A family of six got safely out of the house before firefighters arrived, and there were no reported injuries.