Posted: Feb 15, 2013 5:15 AM
Updated: Feb 15, 2013 7:27 AM
A man and his elderly mother made it out safely, but a Lexington home sustained extensive damage in an early morning fire.
Chris Chandler said he smelled smoke inside his house along 12th Street around 12:30 a.m. He helped his mom out before flames burned through the roof.
"A lot of the rest of the stuff in the house is just nothing, they're just things. I praise the Lord we both got out," he said.
Fire investigators say the blaze started in the attic. Chandler says he thinks an electrical issue might have sparked the fire.
The home sustained heavy water, fire and smoke damage and is no longer inhabitable.