Posted: Mar 14, 2013 5:21 AM
Updated: Mar 14, 2013 7:34 AM
A man pulled his father from a burning Versailles home Wednesday afternoon.
Lan Todd said he went to check on his dad, Cecil Todd, 78, at his home on Dunroven Road and noticed smoke throughout the house. He managed to pull his father to safety, but both men went to the hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. Alan Todd was treated and released. Cecil Todd remains in the hospital, but his son said he continues to improve.
Just before 1 a.m. Thursday, a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the home again. Firefighters responded and knocked down the rekindled flames.
Officials say the house appears salvageable.