Oct 2, 2013 11:03 AM
Visitors to Kentucky's online health benefit exchange, kynect, have viewed more than one million pages on that website since it launched at midnight yesterday.
As of 7 a.m. Wednesday, 88,119 unique website visitors had clicked on kynect.ky.gov to seek information about affordable health care now available in the Commonwealth.
"It's a brand new day in Kentucky - one where Kentuckians can finally access affordable health care for themselves and their families, despite pre-existing conditions. It's clear that Kentuckians are excited about this long-awaited opportunity, and they are swarming kynect," said Governor Steve Beshear.
Below statistics reflect activity on kynect as of 7 a.m. Eastern Time today:
• 88,119 unique visitors to kynect.ky.gov; viewing 1,168,466 web pages.
• 82,558 people conducted pre-screenings to determine qualifications for subsidies, discounts or programs like Medicaid.
• 7,548 applications for health care coverage have been started; 4,746 are completed.
• 1,833 individuals and/or families are enrolled in new affordable health care coverage.
• 74 small businesses have started applications for health insurance for employees.
• 8,989 calls managed by kynect contact center at 1-855-4kynect (1-855-459-6328).
Kentuckians in all 120 counties can visit kynect.ky.gov to comparison shop for health insurance products. Kynect is expected to help uninsured residents get coverage through private insurance plans or Medicaid, as well as the Kentucky Children's Health Insurance Program (KCHIP).
Four out of five Kentuckians who use kynect are expected to qualify for financial assistance to help cover a portion of their healthcare costs.
Kentuckians who sign up before Dec. 15 will start coverage on January 1. Open enrollment is available through March 31, 2014. Individuals and small business owners can also call the kynect contact center for assistance at 1-855-4kynect (1-855-459-6328).
7 hours ago