Fire

Dec 26, 2012 12:32 PM

Natural Gas Sparks Fire In Lexington Apartment

A fire sparked by natural gas caused a scare at a Lexington apartment complex Wednesday morning.

Firefighters say repairmen working on a hot water heater inside an apartment along Lima Drive forgot to turn off the gas. Flames shot up four to five feet when the gas ignited around 11:30 a.m. Everybody got out of the building safely, and firefighters contained the flames to a closet.

EMS treated two people in neighboring apartments at the scene for smoke inhalation.

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4