Fire

Nov 14, 2012 9:29 AM

Neighbor Rescues Woman From Burning Marion County Home

A neighbor rescued an elderly woman from a burning home in Marion County late Tuesday night.

Firefighters say a heater apparently sparked the fire in a home along Burton Lane in Lebanon. The elderly couple in their 80s who live there were crawling out when the woman tried to go back in and get something. The neighbor went in and rescued the woman.

EMS took the victim to a Louisville hospital. Officials say she suffered burns to her back and throat, and smoke inhalation.

The blaze caused extensive damage inside the brick home.

  • Story Photo
  • Story Thumbnail

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4