Fire

Aug 28, 2012 11:18 PM

Pulaski County Woman Suffers Severe Burns

A woman is in serious condition at UK Hospital after she was burned by a grease fire in her home. Her one year-old child was also inside when it happened.

Police say 41 year-old Coletta Ayers was cooking this afternoon, at home with son, Tayton, when she sparked a grease fire. The burst of flame severely burned Ayers. She ran outside to get help, her baby boy still inside. A Somerset police officer arrived minutes later, and went in to get Tayton.

Two houses down, Sandy Haney heard the sirens:

"I looked out and saw the police and the ambulance. I went on the back deck to see if I could see what was going on and they were all over the yard back there."

Fire and smoke hadn't reached the baby. He wasn't hurt.

Paramedics loaded his mom into a helicopter across the street. Police say she was alert and talking, leaving her son in the care of his grandma.

"I'll pray for her, pray for the family. I just hope she's okay and everything," Haney says.

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4