Posted: Oct 7, 2012 3:39 PM
SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE FOOTBALL SUNDAY NOTES PACKAGE
Oct. 7, 2012
Results from Saturday, Oct. 6
Florida 14, LSU 6 (90,824 at Gainesville, Fla.)
Arkansas 24, Auburn 7 (85,813 at Auburn, Ala.)
Mississippi State 27, Kentucky 14 (49,498 at Lexington, Ky.)
Vanderbilt 19, Missouri 15 (66,250 at Columbia, Mo.)
South Carolina 35, Georgia 7 (85,199 at Columbia, S.C.)
Texas A&M 30, Ole Miss 27 (55,343 at Oxford, Miss.)
Top Performances from Saturday, Oct. 6
146 (34 carries, 2 TDs) - Mike Gillislee, Florida vs. LSU
142 (18 carries, 1 TD) - Ben Malena, Texas A&M vs. Ole Miss
129 (20 carries, 1 TD) - Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M vs. Ole Miss
110 (25 carries, 1 TD) - LaDarius Perkins, Mississippi State vs. Kentucky
109 (24 carries, 1 TD) - Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina vs. Georgia
108 (21 carries, 1 TD) - Jeff Scott, Ole Miss vs. Texas A&M
305 yards (20-of-34, 1 TD, 2 INT) - Bo Wallace, Ole Miss vs. Texas A&M
269 yards (23-of-39, 2 TD, 0 INT) - Tyler Russell, Mississippi State vs. Kentucky
216 yards (20-of-27, 0 TD, 0 INT) - Tyler Wilson, Arkansas vs. Auburn
191 yards (17-of-26, 1 TD, 2 INT) - Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M vs. Ole Miss
189 yards (9-of-30, 1 TD, 0 INT) - Corbin Berkstresser, Missouri vs. Vanderbilt
182 yards (14-of-24, 0 TD, 1 INT) - Jordan Rodgers, Vanderbilt vs. Missouri
10 catches (118 yards, 1 TD) - Emory Blake, Auburn vs. Arkansas
9 catches (104 yards, 1 TD) - Chad Bumphis, Mississippi State vs. Kentucky
9 catches (91 yards) - Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt vs. Missouri
8 catches (105 yards) - Mike Evans, Texas A&M vs. Ole Miss
6 catches (73 yards, 1 TD) - Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss vs. Texas A&M
6 catches (53 yards) - Ja-Mes Logan, Ole Miss vs. Texas A&M
6 catches (43 yards) - Demarco Robinson, Kentucky vs. Mississippi State
20 tackles (2 Sacks - 16; 1 TFL - 1; 1 FF) - Kevin Minter, LSU vs. Florida
14 tackles - Kenronte Walker, Missouri vs. Vanderbilt
13 tackles (1 FR, 1 QBH) - Avery Williamson, Kentucky vs. Mississippi State
12 tackles (1 Sack - 8; ½ TFL - 2) - Terrell Williams, Arkansas vs. Auburn
12 tackles (1 TFL - 3; 2 PBU) - Bernardrick McKinney, Mississippi State vs. Kentucky
11 tackles - Amario Herrera, Georgia vs. South Carolina
10 tackles (1/2 TFL - 1; 1 FF, 1 INT) - Ross Rasner, Arkansas vs. Auburn
Schedule of Saturday, Oct. 13 Games
Auburn (1-4, 0-3 SEC) at Ole Miss (3-3, 0-2 SEC)
11:21 a.m. CT • SEC Network • Sirius Channel 137 • XM Channel 199
Oxford, Miss. • Vaught-Hemingway Stadium / Hollingsworth Field (60,580)
Alabama (5-0, 2-0 SEC) at Missouri (3-3, 0-3 SEC)
2:30 p.m. CT • CBS?Sports • Sirius Channels 138 / 85 • XM?Channels 198 / 85
Columbia, Mo. • Memorial Stadium / Faurot Field (71,004)
Florida (5-0, 4-0 SEC) at Vanderbilt (2-3, 1-2 SEC)
5 p.m. CT • ESPNU • Sirius Channel 137 • XM?Channel 199
Nashville, Tenn. • Vanderbilt Stadium (40,550)
Kentucky (1-5, 0-3 SEC) at Arkansas (2-4, 1-2 SEC)
6 p.m. CT • FSN • Sirius Channel 134 • XM Channel 200
Fayetteville, Ark. • Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium (72,000)
South Carolina (6-0, 4-0 SEC) at LSU (6-0, 2-0 SEC)
7 p.m. CT • ESPN •?Sirius Channels 85 / 91 • XM?Channels 85 / 91
Baton Rouge, La. • Tiger Stadium (92,542)
Tennessee (3-2, 0-2 SEC) at Mississippi State (5-0, 2-0 SEC)
8 p.m. CT •?ESPN2 • Sirius Channel 128 • XM?Channel 197
Starkville, Miss. • Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field (55,082)
Texas A&M (4-1, 2-1 SEC) vs. Louisiana Tech (5-0)
8:15 p.m. CT •?ESPNU • Sirius Channel 139 • XM?Channel 201
Shreveport, La. • Independence Stadium (53,000)
OPEN: Georgia (5-1, 3-1 SEC)
SEC PLAYERS AMONG NATIONAL STATISTICAL LEADERS
All-Purpose Rushing - Todd Gurley, Georgia (30th - 138.17 ypg)
Field Goals - Carey Spear, Vanderbilt (9th - 1.80 fgpg)
Interceptions - Byron Moore, Tennessee (T4th - 0.80 ipg); Darius Slay, Mississippi State (T4th - 0.80 ipg)
Kickoff Return - Onterio McCalebb, Auburn (9th - 30.63 ypr)
Passing Efficiency - A.J. McCarron, Alabama (5th - 177.04 rating); Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M (12th - 162.83 rating) [NOTE: Connor Shaw, South Carolina has 184.69 would be 2nd in nation but needs one more pass attempt to qualify for national ranking which is 15 pass attempts per game.]
Punting - Kyle Christy, Florida (5th - 46.46 ypp); Dylan Breeding, Arkansas (6th - 46.43 ypp); Ryan Epperson, Texas A&M (8th - 46.11 ypp)
Punt Return - Marcus Murphy, Missouri (4th - 20.07 ypr); Dustin Harris, Texas A&M (14th - 15.95 ypr); Ace Sanders, South Carolina (15th - 15.47 ypr)
Receptions per Game - Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt (16th - 7.00 rpg)
Receiving yards per Game - Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas (10th - 110.50 ypg); Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt (17th - 97.20 ypg)
Rushing - Mike Gillislee, Florida (18th - 109.60 ypg)
Scoring - Todd Gurley, Georgia (17th - 10.00 ppg)
Total Offense - Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M (6th - 356.00 ypg); Tyler Wilson, Arkansas (17th - 315.60 ypg); Tyler Bray, Tennessee (19th - 313.00 ypg)
Tackles - Daren Bates, Auburn (10th - 10.80 tpg); Avery Williamson, Kentucky (12th - 10.67 tpg)
Tackles for Loss - Damontre Moore, Texas A&M (2nd - 2.50 tpg); Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina (9th - 1.92 tpg); Jarvis Jones, Georgia (10th - 1.90 tpg)
Sacks - Damontre Moore, Texas A&M (4th - 1.40 spg); Jarvis Jones, Georgia (12th - 1.10 spg)
SEC TEAMS AMONG NATIONAL STATISTICAL LEADERS
Pass Efficiency Defense - Alabama (1st - 84.82 rating); Florida (2nd - 88.45 rating); LSU (3rd - 90.20 rating); Mississippi State (12th - 101.59 rating)
Kickoff Returns - Alabama (4th - 31.50 ypr)
Net Punting - Texas A&M (1st - 45.50 ypp); Florida (4th - 43.36 ypp); LSU (7th - 42.13 ypp); Arkansas (8th - 41.97 ypp)
Passing Offense - Tennessee (10th - 329.20 ypg)
Pass Defense - LSU (2nd - 122.50 ypg); Alabama (3rd - 125.80 ypg); Vanderbilt (10th - 162.40 ypg)
Passing Efficiency - South Carolina (2nd - 180.89 rating); Alabama (4th - 176.94 rating)
Punt Returns - Missouri (5th - 21.87 ypr); Texas A&M (11th - 16.95 ypr); South Carolina (14th - 15.28 ypr)
Rushing Offense - Georgia (19th - 226.50 ypg); Texas A&M (20th - 226.40 ypg)
Rushing Defense - Alabama (3rd - 65.80 ypg); South Carolina (9th - 83.83 ypg); LSU (14th - 98.50 ypg)
Scoring Defense - Alabama (1st - 7.00 ppg); South Carolina (4th - 10.50 ppg); Florida (6th - 11.40 ppg); LSU (8th - 12.83 ppg)
Scoring Offense - Texas A&M (8th - 44.60 ppg); Georgia (13th - 41.33 ppg)
Total Defense - Alabama (1st - 191.60 ypg); LSU (3rd - 221.00 ypg); South Carolina (11th - 278.00 ypg); Florida (12th - 284.00 ypg)
Total Offense - Texas A&M (12th - 516.80 ypg); Tennessee (17th - 506.60 ypg)
Turnover Margin - Alabama (1st - 2.40 margin); Mississippi State (2nd - 2.20 margin)
* - Seven SEC teams are ranked this week, including four in the top 10 of both the AP and USA Today polls. Alabama is the top ranked team in both polls while South Carolina comes in third in both. Florida is ranked 4th in AP and 6th in USA Today while LSU is 9th in AP and 8th in USA Today. Georgia is 14th in AP and 12th in USA Today and Mississippi State is 19th in AP and 18th in USA Today. Texas A&M enters both polls this week for the first time this year at 22nd in AP and 21st in USA Today.
* - Highlighting the SEC football schedule in Week 7 is #3rd-ranked South Carolina (AP/USA) visiting #8 (USA) / #9 (AP) LSU on ESPN at 7 p.m. CT. Alabama returns from an open week to put its top-ranking (AP/USA) on the line at Missouri in a game on CBS Sports at 2:30 p.m. CT. The entire schedule for Week 7 is at the top of this notes package.
* - South Carolina's third place ranking in AP this week is the highest for the Gamecocks since the Nov. 13, 1984 poll, which it was second. Florida's fourth place ranking in AP is the highest for the Gators since the 2010 pre-season poll ,which it was fourth.
* - The SEC has had five different teams ranked in the top 5 of the AP and USA Today polls this season for at least one week - Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU and South Carolina.
* - Florida RB Mike Gillislee was named the Walter Camp Football Foundation Offensive Player of the Week for his performance on Saturday against LSU (146 yards rushing on 34 carries and 2 TDs).
* - South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore has scored at least one TD in 21 of 26 career games played and is T15 in SEC history with 39 career TDs scored.
* - In 14 career wins as Mississippi State's starting QB, Tyler Russell has thrown 12 TDs against 2 interceptions.
* - Arkansas' 7 points allowed to Auburn was lowest opponent total by Arkansas' defense allowed on road since a 23-0 win at South Carolina on Nov. 9, 2002.
* - Following six weeks, SEC stadiums have been filled to 96.24 percent capacity and are averaging 75,489 fans per game. More than 3.6 million fans have attended 48 SEC games thus far in 2012. There have been 23 games in which attendance has been at 100%-or-more capacity this season.
* - SEC teams were 4-2 on the road in Week 6, in a week where stadiums were filled to 95 percent capacity.
* - Alabama and Florida lead the SEC with only two passing TDs allowed this season while Alabama and South Carolina are tied for the SEC lead with only three rushing TDs allowed in 2012.
* - South Carolina and Tennessee lead the SEC with 14 passing TDs this season while Georgia leads the league with 20 rushing TDs scored. Texas A&M has scored a league high 3 defensive TDs this season.
* - LSU leads the SEC in defensive 3-and-outs at 45.7 percent (37 of 81). Alabama is second at 42.4 percent (25 of 59) and Florida is third at 41.7 percent (25 of 60).
* - Florida leads the SEC in fourth quarter scoring margin at 41. The Gators have scored 41 points in the final stanza and have not allowed any points.