Posted: Aug 3, 2012 4:55 AM
Updated: Aug 3, 2012 7:25 AM
Three people escaped a burning home in Clark County early Friday morning.
The fire started in the backside of a house along Muddy Creek Road, south of Winchester, sometime around 2:30 a.m.
Viola York says she got up to go to the bathroom and started choking on smoke.
"It was real scary," she said. "When I can't breathe, I know there's smoke somewhere real bad."
York, her son, and his girlfriend all made it out of the burning home. EMS checked out the three victims at the scene for minor smoke inhalation.
Firefighters say they caught the blaze early and saved the home from any major damage. They said the fire seemed a bit odd, but they didn't find any signs of foul play.