Posted: Mar 14, 2013 7:03 AM
Updated: Mar 14, 2013 8:13 AM
Two men were taken to the hospital after a fire inside a Lexington home Thursday morning.
Firefighters got the call around 5:45 a.m. They say smoke and flames were billowing out of the front of the house along Clays Mill Road when they arrived.
Two men were inside when the fire broke out. One man jumped from a second story window to escape. EMS took both men to the hospital. Officials called their injuries non-life threatening.
Two dogs also made it safely out of the home. Animal control took them in.
At 6:45 a.m., the fire was out, but Clays Mill was still blocked in both directions around the 2900 block.
Firefighters have not released any information on the cause of the fire.