Posted: Jan 9, 2013 3:25 PM
Updated: Jan 9, 2013 3:25 PM
Madison County District Court closed Wednesday morning due to a carbon monoxide leak, and will not reopen until Monday morning.
Fire investigators say some equipment in the basement was the source of the carbon monoxide. Employees evacuated the building as crews worked to fix the problem. There were no reported injures.
All court matters for District Court will be continued until a later date and notices of those dates will be mailed to all parties. The exception to this is the district court docket scheduled for Berea on Friday, January 11, 2013 will be heard as scheduled.
In addition, the Berea Circuit Clerk's office will be open the remainder of this week to assist the public in any district court concerns, questions, payments or other needs, as well as issuance of driver's license. The clerk's office will be open from 8am to 4pm and is located in the Berea Municipal Building at 304 Chestnut Street in Berea.
All other Circuit Court offices in Richmond will be open normal office hours. All Circuit Court dockets will continue as scheduled.