OXFORD, Miss. – The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team will square off against Ole Miss on Monday night. Tipoff from the Pavilion is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. ET.
WHAT TO KNOW
- EKU opened the season with a come-from-behind 73-72 win at Rice on Friday night. Freshman Dedric Boyd sank three free throws with five seconds on the clock to lift the Colonels to victory.
- Boyd finished with 20 points and six rebounds in his collegiate debut.
- Junior Nick Mayo notched a 25 points / 12 rebounds double-double at Rice. The 12 rebounds are a career high for Mayo.
- EKU shot only 38.5 percent (25-of-65) from the field in the win over Rice. It is only the third time in the last three years the Colonels have won while shooting below 40 percent from the floor.
- Dan McHale is now 4-2 against the C-USA as a head coach (wins over Rice, WKU, Marshall & Florida Atlantic).
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
- Ole Miss cruised to a 94-76 victory over Louisiana on Friday night.
- The Rebels were paced in their season opener by junior Terence Davis, who posted 21 points, seven rebounds and four assists.
- This is the second all-time matchup between EKU and Ole Miss. The Rebels won the first, 95-92, on December 16, 1955 in Montgomery, Alabama.
- The very next day (December 17, 1955), EKU beat Auburn, 93-71, for its only victory ever over an SEC team. The Colonels are 1-39 all-time against the conference.
The Colonels return to Richmond to host Kentucky State in their home opener on Thursday, November 16, at 7:00 p.m. ET.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
© LEX18.com 2018, LEX18.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved