OWSLEY COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) - An electrical motor caused smoke to flood into Owsley Co. Elementary School.
The children were evacuated from the building. No one was injured or hurt. Fire crews were called to the school. On social media, the board of education credited the teachers and staff at the school with their quick thinking.
"Early this afternoon, staff members were alerted to the smell of smoke on one wing of the elementary school building. Staff and administrators immediately evacuated the building and notified local fire officials, and the quick response and collaboration of our teachers ensured the safety of all students and that of the local fire departments minimized damage to the facility," reads a post to the school's Facebook page.
The superintendent confirms that everything is up to code and the school was ruled safe. The students were transported to Owsley County High School.
Can't find something?