KENTUCKY WBB POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at Baylor
Ferrell Center – Waco, Texas
Nov. 30, 2017
FINAL SCORE: No. 20 Kentucky 63, No. 9 Baylor 90
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 6-1 this season, while Baylor rises to 6-1 overall.
- Matthew Mitchell is in his 11th season as head coach at Kentucky. He is the winningest head coach in program history at 247-101.
- After today’s game, Baylor leads the all-time series between the two programs is 3-2.
o This was the first time the two schools have played since UK posted a 74-64 victory over the Bears on Nov. 17, 2014 in Rupp Arena.
o Baylor leads the series in Waco, 2-0.
o Kentucky is 9-9 against the current alignment of the Big 12.
- The Wildcats moved up to No. 20 in the latest Associated Press Top 25 and are ranked No. 22 in the USA Today Coaches Poll.
- Kentucky will return to action this Sunday, Dec. 3 at 2 p.m. ET, returning home to take on Tennessee Tech inside Memorial Coliseum. The game can be streamed live on SEC Network+, ESPN3 and the Watch ESPN app, and will be broadcast live on the UK Sports Radio Network with Darren Headrick calling the action.
- Kentucky used the starting combination of senior Alyssa Rice, senior Makenzie Cann, junior Taylor Murray, junior Maci Morris and freshman Keke McKinney.
o UK is 0-1 with that starting-five combination.
- The Wildcats got off to a 6-2 start, as Maci Morris and Makenzie Cann made back-to-back 3s to start the game.
- UK was hot from beyond the arc in the first quarter, going 5-of-8 from long range, but trailed 21-17 at the end of the period.
- Baylor outscored Kentucky 29-17 in the second quarter, taking a 50-34 lead into halftime.
o The 16-point deficit was Kentucky’s largest halftime deficit of the season.
- The Wildcats cut Baylor’s lead to seven (39-32) with just 2:00 to go in the first half, but Baylor made three consecutive 3-pointers to pull away.
- UK outscored the Bears in the final quarter, 23-17.
- Four Wildcats scored in double-digits in the contest.
o It was the fourth time this season UK has had at least four players post double-figure scoring.
- Kentucky had the edge on the offensive glass, outrebounding Baylor on the offensive end 17-13.
- The Wildcats made a season-high 11 3-pointers in the game on 19 attempts.
- Maci Morris had a season-high 22 points to lead all scorers in the contest.
o The performance marked her second 20+ point game of the season, and the third of her career.
o She tied her career-high with five made 3-pointers in the game.
o She’s now made multiple 3s in six of seven games this season.
o Morris remained the only UK player to score in double-figures in every game this season.
- Jaida Roper added 12 points with a career-high three made 3s in the game.
- Taylor Murray scored 10 points to go along with a team-high five assists.
o It was the third time this season she’s led UK in assists.
o The junior has scored in double figures in five of seven games this season.
- Makenzie Cann also added double-digit scoring with 10 points on 2-of-3 3-point shooting.
- Dorie Harrison led UK in its rebounding efforts with seven boards.
o It’s the second time this season she’s led UK on the glass.
o The freshman also added four points, one assist and one block off the bench.
Can't find something?