Quantcast

Anderson Family Loses Most Of Their Clothes, Christmas Presents - LEX18.com | Continuous News and StormTracker Weather

Anderson Family Loses Most Of Their Clothes, Christmas Presents In Fire

Posted: Updated:

ANDERSON COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) — It's been a rough year for one Anderson County family.

The Daniel family of Lawrenceburg had one child injured in an ATV accident earlier this year. On Friday, their family home that they had owned for less than a year caught fire.

Gatlin Daniel, 10, was walking home from Saffell Street Elementary when he noticed that all the windows were blacked out.

"The windows were all black, and that was funny. When I opened the door it was blacked out," Daniel told LEX 18. 

A wall of smoke greeted him. He ran back out and screamed for help. His father is grateful his quick thinking son knew what to do. Despite the speed with which firefighters responded, the smoke had done its damage.

The family lost most of their clothes and their Christmas presents. Thankfully none of them were hurt. The family had previously had a scare when Gatlin was injured in an ATV crash. 

Despite the hardships, the family says that they know they can replace Christmas decor and presents, but not family.

If you would like to donate to the family, click here.

Powered by Frankly

© LEX18.com 2018, LEX18.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?