Quantcast

Dog Dies In Clay City Home Fire Believed Sparked By Heaters - LEX18.com | Continuous News and StormTracker Weather

Dog Dies In Clay City Home Fire Believed Sparked By Heaters

Posted: Updated:

CLAY CITY, Ky. (LEX 18) — A Clay City home fire that killed a dog is believed to have been caused by space heaters being used on frozen water pipes, officials say.

The homeowner was not home when the fire broke out around 2 p.m. Wednesday.

A fire official tells LEX 18 that the homeowner was trying to thaw a frozen pipe using space heaters plugged into extension cords. The official said the homeowner left to get food when the fire sparked.

The home suffered smoke damage and the owner's Jack Russel terrier died in the fire.

The official said it was the third blaze that area volunteer fire departments have dealt with in the last 48 hours.

Powered by Frankly

© LEX18.com 2018, LEX18.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?