The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball travels to Martin, Tennessee to play UT Martin on Thursday evening. Tipoff from the Elam Center is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET.
WHAT TO KNOW
- EKU (6-11, 0-4 OVC) dropped a heartbreaker to Eastern Illinois, 54-53, on Saturday at McBrayer Arena. The Colonels trailed by eight with just over four minutes to play, but rallied to pull to within one with 30 seconds left. A game-winner attempt by Nick Mayo missed at the buzzer.
- Sophomore DeAndre Dishman led EKU with 12 points and nine rebounds in the loss to Eastern Illinois. Dishman has now scored in double figures in seven consecutive games, and he ranks fifth in the OVC in field goal percentage (55.5%).
- Mayo passed EKU Hall-of-Famer Michael Haney to reach No. 16 on EKU’s all-time scoring list last Thursday (1,319 points). Next up on the list: Eric Stutz (1,338).
- The last time EKU played UT Martin (Feb. 4, 2017), senior Dillon Avare poured in a career-high 21 points on a career-high seven three-pointers. His seven three-pointers in that game are the most by any Colonel in the Dan McHale era.
- Freshman A.J. Youngman ranks fifth in the OVC (and tops among all OVC freshmen) in three-point field goal percentage (43.8%).
- EKU has won the turnover battle in its last seven games.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
- UT Martin (6-11, 1-3 OVC) has dropped three straight conference games after winning its league opener over Tennessee State in overtime.
- Matthew Butler leads the Skyhawks at 16.9 points-per-game.
- This is the 47th all-time meeting between EKU and UT Martin. EKU leads the series, 27-19; However, the Skyhawks have won three straight over the Colonels, including a 85-68 victory in Martin last year.
EKU stays on the road to face Southeast Missouri on Saturday at 5:15 p.m. ET in Cape Girardeau.
Can't find something?