The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team will host UT Martin on Thursday night at McBrayer Arena. Tipoff is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET.
WHAT TO KNOW
- EKU (8-17, 2-10 OVC) fell to Tennessee State, 73-60, last Saturday at McBrayer.
- Nick Mayo led EKU with 21 points vs. Tennessee State last Saturday. The junior enters Thursday nine points shy of Demarkus Doss (No. 12/ 1,442) and 27 points shy of Jack Adams (No. 11 / 1,460) on EKU’s all-time scoring list.
- Mayo also enters Thursday four blocks shy of tying the EKU career blocks record (115).
- Mayo knocked down a season-best three three-pointers vs. TSU. He is now 4-of-5 from deep in EKU’s last two games and he is shooting 43.8% from deep this season.
- Senior Zach Charles knocked down a career-high two three-pointers and finished with a season-high 17 points vs. TSU.
- Senior Dillon Avare has hit 11 three-pointers in his two career games vs. UT Martin.
- With Jackson Davis (out for the season) and Dujuanta Weaver not playing, the short-handed Colonels used their 16th different starting lineup of the season vs. Tennessee State.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
- UT Martin (8-17, 3-9 OVC) has lost three straight coming into Thursday’s showdown.
- The Skyhawks are paced by Matthew Butler, who is averaging 16.0 points and 2.9 assists-per-game.
- This is the 48th all-time meeting between EKU and UT Martin. The Colonels lead the series, 28-19, and defeated the Skyhawks, 78-70, on Jan. 11 in Martin.
EKU hosts in-state rival Morehead State on Saturday, February 10, at 7:00 p.m. ET.