KENTUCKY WBB POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at Missouri
Mizzou Arena – Columbia, Mo.
Feb. 8, 2018
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 78, No. 15 Missouri 83
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky 12-13 overall, 4-7 in Southeastern Conference play this season with the win, while Missouri is 19-5, 7-4 SEC.
- Matthew Mitchell is in his 11th season as head coach at Kentucky. He is the winningest head coach in program history at 253-113.
- The Wildcats lead the all-time series between the two teams, 6-3.
o Kentucky is 5-2 against the Tigers since Mizzou joined the league.
- Kentucky will return to action Sunday, Feb. 11, continuing its road stretch at Mississippi State. The game will tip at 2 p.m. ET on ESPNU as well as on the UK Sports Network.
- Kentucky used the starting combination of senior Alyssa Rice, senior Makenzie Cann, junior Taylor Murray, junior Maci Morris and freshman KeKe McKinney.
o UK is 5-7 with that starting-five combination.
- Both teams went back and forth to start the game, but Missouri ended the first quarter on a 14-4 run to lead 26-15.
- Missouri extended its lead to as many as 16 in the second quarter, but UK ended the half on a 13-6 run to cut the deficit to nine heading into the locker room.
- UK cut Missouri’s lead to five straight out of the break, 41-36, but Missouri answered with back-to-back 3s to bring its lead back to double digits.
o MU led 59-46 at the end of the third quarter.
- Kentucky chipped away at the deficit in the fourth quarter, coming as close as three (81-78) with :09 left on the game clock.
- The Wildcats outscored MU 32-24 in the fourth quarter and 46-42 in the second half overall.
o UK’s 32 fourth-quarter points marked its second-most in a quarter this season and its most in a single quarter in conference play this season.
o Kentucky had 35 points in the first quarter vs. Evansville on Dec. 15.
- UK outscored Mizzou in the paint, 26-20, off turnovers, 19-13 and fast break points, 6-0.
- Taylor Murray led the Wildcats in scoring with 23 points to go with six rebounds, four assists and three steals.
o Her 23 points matches her season high set at Vanderbilt on Jan. 15.
o It was her fourth 20+ point performance of the season and the seventh of her career.
o She’s had four or more assists in five consecutive games.
o Has scored in double figures in eight straight games.
o Her six rebounds were a team high.
- Maci Morris also matched her season high with 22 points.
o Shooting 9-of-17 from the floor, 17 of her points came in the second half.
o Nine made field goals matches her career high.
o It was her fifth game of the season with 20 or more points.
- Dorie Harrison had 12 points and four rebounds for UK.
o It was her fifth game in double-digit scoring this season.
o She’s been in double-digit scoring in four of the last six games.
- Alyssa Rice entered UK’s top 10 in career blocks, leading the Wildcats with two stuffs.
o Her 81 career blocks is tied for the ninth-most in program history.
Can't find something?