The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team will host in-state rival Morehead State on Saturday night. Tipoff from McBrayer Arena is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET.
Saturday is Alumni Night at McBrayer. Men’s basketball alumni will be honored at halftime of the game.
WHAT TO KNOW
- EKU (8-18, 2-11 OVC) dropped a heartbreaker to UT Martin, 70-69, on Thursday night. UTM’s Matthew Butler knocked down a three-pointer with 1.4 seconds on the clock to lift the Skyhawks to victory.
- Nick Mayo exploded for a career-high 36 points against UT Martin on Thursday. He knocked down a career-high 13 field goals, including a career-high seven three-pointers.
- Mayo is 11-of-15 from three-point range over EKU’s last three games. He now leads the OVC in three-point field goal percentage (48.3%).
- Mayo passed Demarkus Doss and Jack Adams to reach No. 11 on EKU’s all-time scoring list on Thursday (1,469 points).
- Mayo also enters Saturday’s game four blocks shy of tying the EKU career record (115).
- Sophomore Dujuanta Weaver returned from a three-game injury on Thursday and knocked down a career-high four three-pointers.
- As a team, EKU drained a season-best 14 three-pointers on Thursday.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
- Morehead State (6-18, 2-11 OVC) fell at home to Southeast Missouri, 78-62, on Thursday.
- The Eagles are paced by Jordan Walker, who comes into Saturday averaging 11.3 points-per-game.
- This is the 189th all-time meeting between EKU and Morehead State. Eastern leads the series, 108-80; however, the Eagles have won four straight over the Colonels.
Can't find something?