- Kentucky moves to 15-17 overall, 6-10 in Southeastern Conference play this season, while Mississippi State is undefeated at 31-0, 16-0 SEC.
- The Wildcats lead the all-time series between the two teams, 27-20.
o UK also leads 5-2 in neutral site games.
o Prior to this season, UK had won 11 straight games against MSU.
-This was the fifth game this season that Kentucky has played against a team that currently ranks in the AP Top 4, which is more than any other team in the nation.
-The Wildcats played one of the hardest schedules in the nation this season, ranking top 15 in the NCAA RPI.
UK played 11 games against top-25 teams.
- Kentucky used the starting combination of senior Alyssa Rice, senior Makenzie Cann, junior Taylor Murray, junior Maci Morris and freshman Amanda Paschal.
o UK is 1-1 with that starting-five combination.
- The Wildcats trailed by as many as eight points in the first quarter before ending the period on a 15-6 run.
o UK led 23-22 at the end of the first quarter.
- Kentucky was held to nine second-quarter points, while MSU had 23 to take a 45-32 lead at halftime.
- The Bulldogs led by as many as 26 in the fourth quarter, outscoring UK 36-26 in the second half.
- The Wildcats outscored MSU in the paint, 32-22.
- Taylor Murray led Kentucky in scoring with 15 points to go with seven rebounds and three assists.
o It was her 18th game in double digit scoring this season.
o She led UK in assists for the 23rd time this season.
o Murray is nearing the 1,000 point club with 961 career points at Kentucky.
- Maci Morris added 13 points for the Wildcats.
o The performance broke her streak of seven straight games with 20+ points.
o Had scored in double digits in 13 consecutive contests.
o Scored in double figures in all but three games this season.
- Amanda Paschal scored a career-high 13 points in her second-ever start for Kentucky.
o She went 5-of-6 from the floor.
o It was her sixth game in double-digit scoring this season.
Can't find something?