The leaves are changing colors, and Halloween is just around the corner so it's pumpkin season. Food Network star Jason Smith has a sweet and easy fall treat. The Best Baker in America judge shows you how to whip up his Punkin' Roll Bars.
Punkin' Roll Bar
6-TBSP butter, melted
1 ½-cups white sugar
1-(15oz) can pureed pumpkin
3-tsp pumpkin pie spice
2-cups self-rising flour
1-(8oz) block cream cheese, room temp
¼-cup white or brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°, spray an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, place the butter, sugar, eggs, pumpkin, water, and pumpkin pie spice; mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flour, just until mixed in.
- In a separate bowl, place the filling ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour half the pumpkin batter into the bottom of a prepared baking pan, spread out evenly, spread the filling mixture over batter, swirl the remaining batter through the filling layer.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-40 mins, or until there is no jiggle in middle.
- Remove and let cool, cut, and serve.
Tip: You can drizzle with caramel sauce.