Actions

Coroner investigating possible carbon monoxide death

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:25 AM, Jul 10, 2019
and last updated 2019-07-10 09:49:31-04

LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) — A woman was found dead inside a Lexington home Tuesday morning. The Fayette County Coroner confirms that there are indications that the death was caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.

The woman, identified as Connie R. Dotson, was found inside a residence located in the 1700-block of Headley Green. Dotson was 54-years-old and did have other medical issues, but crews did take readings which confirmed the presence of carbon monoxide.

The cause of death is pending due to a toxicology test. The woman had five cats, of which four were found alive. Another cat is still missing.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can cause death. The most common symptoms of Carbon Monixde poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion.

You can install a battery operated CO detector in your home to alert you to the presence of the gas.