Crews fight home fire on Lexington's south side

Posted at 9:38 AM, Jul 07, 2019

LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) — Emergency and fire crews were on the scene Sunday morning of a home fire on the Lexington's south side.

Authorities said the crews responded just before 9 a.m. to the 5300 block of Appian Way.

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control quickly and no one was injured, officials said.

Authorities told LEX 18 that rescue crews also were able to save a family cat.

Lexington Fire Department district chief Jeff Johnson said the fire began in the back of the home and involved the electrical system.

He said a bedroom and bathroom were heavily damaged and that because the electrical system was damaged the home was uninhabitable for the time being.