FRANKFORT, Ky. (LEX 18) — Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear announced Sunday that three additional coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Kentucky.
That brings the total number of cases reported in the commonwealth to four.
Beshear said in a Facebook live video that the cases are in Fayette, Jefferson and Harrison counties. He said all four individuals with the novel coronavirus are in quarantine.
The governor said 21 people total have been tested for COVID-19 across the state, with 17 out of the 21 coming back negative.
The first coronavirus case in Kentucky was reported late last week in Harrison County.
The governor has encouraged people not to panic but to take necessary precautions. He said state and local leaders have been preparing for this.
In Harrison County, schools will be closed this week, and Harrison County District Court will be closed on Monday.
The governor and health officials are encouraging people to wash their hands, avoid going to work if you feel sick, and they are urging people over 60 or who have an underlying health condition to avoid large crowds or gatherings.
We will continue to update this story as more information becomes available on this developing situation.