MCCREARY COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) — Kentucky State Police told LEX 18 that a McCreary County deputy was shot while responding to a domestic situation on Lick Creek Road.
KSP said that when the deputy responded to the scene, he was shot.
At the time, the deputy was flown to the University of Tennessee Medical Center. The deputy is resting at home as of Tuesday.
Mark Dungan was arrested for several charges, including:
- Attempted murder of a police officer
- Fleeing or evading police in the 1st degree
- Tampering with physical evidence
- Resisting arrest
- Wanton endangerment of a police officer in the first degree
- Criminal mischief in the first degree
- Possession of a handgun by a convicted felon
- Failure to appear