Family’s Good Deed Results In Devastating Fire

Posted at 9:21 AM, Apr 20, 2018
and last updated 2018-04-20 09:21:09-04

ESTILL COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) – A home in Estill County is a loss after an early morning fire.

The fire broke out on West Cedar Grove in Irvine. The home was under renovation but the couple who owned the property allowed a homeless person to stay inside the home overnight.

That person accidentally started the fire with a kerosene heater.

One of the owners told LEX 18 that the house was her family home.