LEXINGTON, Ky. – This advisory serves as an update for work toward the New Circle Road/KY 4 widening project in Lexington. The construction includes Georgetown Road to Boardwalk Avenue. In addition, the interchange will be reconstructed at Newtown Pike. The anticipated completion date for the project is December 31, 2020.
Tuesday, June 5 – beginning at 7 p.m.
The traffic configuration below will be in place while the existing northbound bridge is demolished and work begins for the new bridge:
- lane reductions and traffic shifts will be in effect between Kennedy Road (milepoint 1.300) and Nandino Boulevard (milepoint 1.891) on Newtown Pike/KY 922
- there will be two-way traffic over the New Circle Road/KY 4 bridge
- northbound/outbound traffic on Newtown Pike/KY 922 will be reduced to one lane, shifted to the southbound/inbound side of Newtown Pike/KY 922 and over the New Circle Road/KY 4 bridge
- southbound/inbound traffic on Newtown Pike/KY 922 will be reduced to one lane over the New Circle Road/KY 4 bridge
Motorists should plan to utilize alternate routes:
- Georgetown Road/US 25 to Citation Boulevard to Newtown Pike/KY 922
- North Broadway/US 27 and Paris Pike for access from the interstate