LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) — On Tuesday, the University of Kentucky Police Department said that authorities have made an arrest in a crime bulletin that was issued after several reports of burglaries.
In a tweet, UK Police said Clifton Mullins "was caught red-handed."
CRIME BULLETIN UPDATE: Clifton Mullins was caught red-handed thanks the close collaboration with UKPD & @lexkypolice, security camera footage & tips from the community. He is charged with burglary, theft, & other charges from @lexkypolice. #LawEnforcementCooperationWorks pic.twitter.com/6kKmMBimGk
— UK Police (@UKPolice) June 12, 2018
The posting went on to say Mullins was caught with help from Lexington police and tips from the community.
Mullins is charged with burglary, theft and other charges. He was being held at the Fayette County Detention Center.
Earlier this month, UKPD received the following reports that they say may be connected:
- On May 22 an unoccupied room in Kroger Field was entered and items were taken.
- On May 28 an unoccupied office in Bowman Hall was entered and tools were taken.
- On May 28 several unoccupied offices in the Funkhouser Building were entered and several items were taken, including laptop computers and three iPads.
- On June 1 an unoccupied office in the Bosomworth Health Sciences Research Building was entered and a laptop computer was taken.
- On June 5 an unoccupied office in the Funkhouser Building was forcibly entered and a small amount of money and food was taken.