GEORGETOWN, Ky. (LEX 18) – Officials are blaming an electrical box for an overnight fire in Georgetown.
Crews responded overnight to a home on North Water Street in Georgetown. Officials say they found a small fire in an electrical box in the building. No one was in the building at the time and the fire was mostly contained to that area.
Firefighters were able to quickly get the fire out of control, but they did have to return inside to tear out drywall on the interior.
The damage appeared to be minor.